Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blueberry Crumb Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle


The holiday season is off to a whirlwind of a start. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone already in the blink of an eye. Before you know it, it will be Christmas!

This year, Thanksgiving was a little extra special for me, as it's the first time in three years I didn't have to work! I spent the day enjoying a delicious meal, spending time with my family and of course, making my Black Friday shopping plan! The grocery store was like a mob scene the day before turkey day, so I decided to put my creativity to use and concoct a decadent dessert with ingredients already in my kitchen. I came up with a Blueberry Crumb Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle!

Since I already had a yellow cake box mix, I decided to take the easy way out. Combined with a layer of Blueberry Pie filling and dressed up with buttery crumbs and white chocolate, it's hard to believe that this dessert was only semi-homemade. While Thanksgiving desserts are typically associated with pumpkin or apple pie, the blueberry cake was a gamble that certainly paid off!
Blueberry Crumb Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle:


For the Cake
Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix
Bake using two 9" rounds

For the Topping
3/4 cup flour
4 tblsp butter
1/4 cup salt
pinch of salt

Directions
Bake cake according to  directions on the back of the box, using 2, 9" round baking pans. Let cakes cool completely.

Spread a thick layer of blueberry pie filling on top of one cake. Stack the second cake on top.  Mix 1/4 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of cold milk until a thin glaze is obtained. Brush the glaze on top of the stacked cakes. In a separate bowl, mix together the crumb topping. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the glazed cake surface. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/4 cup white chocolate and drizzle over crumb topping. Slice and serve!



No comments:

Popular Posts