Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oreo Truffle Ball

Can you believe this incredible spring weather we are having lately?! Nothing but sunny skies and high 70's  in our future. Although spring has just started, it's feeling more like summer, and I can hardly wait to bust out my flip flops! Longer days mean that I'm trying to cram much more into my schedule. I've been having quite a busy week, so there hasn't been much time for baking. But I'm trying to stay true to promise of keeping up on my blogging, so I've resorted to some wonderful no-bake recipes.


I've had an entire package of Oreo Cookies in my closet since making the White Chocolate Dipped Oreos last week. I think about eating them every time I walk by, so I MUST get them out of the house. During the holiday season, I came across a recipe for Oreo Truffle Balls and I've been dying to try it ever since! Since I'll probably be pawning this treat off on my co-workers (once again), I thought it would be easier if I made it into a large ball that could be cut and shared among everyone, instead of small bite sized treats. Plus I had a box of Nilla wafers I needed to get rid of as well. They work great for dipping!

It's a breeze to make and so incredibly delicious! Plus, there are only three ingredients needed so it's wallet friendly as well. I will surely be making these again, probably in the bite sized version, to package up and give as gifts around the holidays. I'm already thinking of some other flavor combos that could potentially work as well. Hope you all enjoy!





Oreo Truffle Ball
Adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
1 package of Oreo cookies
1 package of Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
Cookies or wafers for dipping

Directions:
Using a food processor, crush 9 Oreo cookies and set aside.
Crush the remaining cookies in the food processor and pour into a medium sized bowl.
Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl and combine with the cookie crumbs until blended well.
Shape into a large ball (or 42, 1-inch balls if making them bite sized)
Dip into melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
Cover with reserved cookie crumbs.
Place in the refrigerator until firm (about one hour) or until serving.



No comments:

Popular Posts