Friday, August 31, 2012

Giant Sunflower Cupcake


Normally when I bake, I like to focus on the art of presentation. Creating visually appealing designs has always been a natural talent of mine, not just in baking, but in everything I do. From designing my outfits everyday, decorating my home, and cooking, I like to create impressive, eye-catching designs that are a little out of the box, and focusing on bold color combos.

I recently decided to try and test my limits in the baking department by working on my design skills. I wanted to break out of my comfort zone and get a little adventurous with trying new frosting techniques. This cake was not about creating the most delicious recipe, but instead seeing what I could do with different pipping tips and new design concepts. If you look closely, you can see it's far from perfect, but not too bad in my opinion for my first 3D cake attempt!!





No comments:

Popular Posts