Thursday, January 3, 2013

Butter Pecan Cupcakes with Brown Butter Frosting



What I love most about these cupcakes are the memories they bring to mind. As a little girl, I remember going to my grandmother’s house in Minersville, Pa. Her house, located on Main Street, and was just a short walk down the block to the Minersville Bakery. Filled with delicious baked goods, a trip to the bakery was a must each time we visited. The bread was to die for, but what really stole my heart were the donoughts! They were the kind with white frosting and coated in solid color sprinkles. Rows of blue, purple, yellow, orange, and pink lined the glass cases housing the donoughts on display. Not just delicious, but visually appealing too. To this day, when I see baked goods adorned with a solid color sprinkle, it warms my heart and takes me back to my childhood.



Butter Pecan Cupcakes with Brown Butter Frosting
Ingredients:
  • 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Pecan cake mix
  • All ingredient for cake mix
For the Frosting:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, browned
  • 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
Directions:
  • Bake cake according to directions on the box, allow to cool
  • For the Frosting, melt two sticks of butter in a small saucepan. Cook and allow to brown slightly
  • Remove butter from heat and let stand 10 mins
  • In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and confectioner’s sugar
  • Add vanilla extract and milk
  • Beat until smooth, may need to add a little extra milk if consistency is too thick



No comments:

Popular Posts